"Hey, y'alright?"
This is the typical greeting for people here in London. Sometimes you get a "Good mornin' love" or a "Cheerio" from a posh old man, but usually it's "Y'alright?" I was super confused when I first got here, but now it's just normal. Sister Yau still doesn't like it.. but she'll get used to it soon enough. ;) haha
Family and friends! :) I hope that you had a wonderful week! My week was spectacular, and filled to the brim with miracles, and ups and downs. I'll share some of the best moments.
On Tuesday, we were determined to find new friends to teach after having such rubbish finding experiences the week before. We both had faith that we could find 2 people that God had specifically prepared for us that day in the next hour, and so we prayed, grabbed our secret weapon (aka the Book of Mormon), and left the flat. We walked down the road, and the first person we saw was dancing to music with his headphones in. We stopped him, asking what kind of music he was listening to, and then we had a really good conversation with him! S-------- actually turned out to be an actor who had just gotten back from filming a movie where he played John the Beloved in all the scenes of Christ's life! He told us that he'd never believed in Christ before, but that after being in this movie he'd like to know for himself who Jesus really was, and if all that He did was real or not. Now, if that's not prepared I don't know what is! It was really incredible! :) We went finding for the next hour or so, and found a few potential investigators, but no one solid.. as we were walking back we stopped one last person named W------. He wanted to learn more as well, and so we'll be seeing him next week! He's from Jamaica, and "loves Jesus with ALL his heart." Should be a good lesson! Both experiences, the first person we stopped and the last person we stopped, strengthened my faith so much of how the Lord is aware of this work and aware of us. With faith miracles are possible!!
L-- X--- is doing well. He's been living the word of wisdom for 4 days now, which is a real improvement! We had a wonderful lesson with him on Wednesday where he shared a talk he had read the night before. We downloaded the gospel library app for him, and he's just been reading everything! One talk "Beware of Pride" really got to him. He told us that he's really starting to understand how important God is, and that he's looking forward to receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. Please pray for him though! He still has a few more hurdles to get through before his baptism.
Something sad that happened this week is that J--- (one of our recent converts) moved back to China. She is incredible, and we will all miss her tons! On Monday President Riccardi (former Elder Riccardi from Italy) and his wife invited us and the Elders, plus all our recent converts to an FHE at their house. It was so much fun! I'm still in shock that Elder Riccardi is in our ward! For those of you who don't know him, there was a famous missionary letter written about Elder Riccardi years back. It's been spread around most missions I believe and so now he's basically a celebrity among missionaries! :) It was a cool day when I put 2 and 2 together.
Well, although I could share a lot more I don't have much more time.. Until next week I love and miss you all! Have a great 7 days, and see lots of miracles with your faith in Christ. It's not only missionaries who can find the Lord's elect. You can too!
Much love,
Sister Rebekah Croft
Moroni 7:37 "..For it is by faith that miracles are wrought."


No comments:
Post a Comment