Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Faith in God's Timing and Transfers


Hi everyone! :) Wow, what a roller coaster of a week.. The week before transfers is usually a bit crazy, but this week was just over the top. We saw some of the biggest miracles, and had some quite difficult moments as well. It's a week where I found myself saying "opposition in all things" a lot. Good thing that's what God's plan is all about huh? ;)
On Friday we had Zone Meeting! Here's the Hyde Park Zone as of 6/9/2016. We saw a ton of miracles this transfer!

There were lots of baptisms at the chapel this week! These people are so special. I love not only hearing, but also being part of their stories. Everyone is different, and the journey is always different, but the gospel is always the same. It's a truly incredible experience to be a part of something so important! :) 

One of our friends L-- X--- was preparing for baptism this next Sunday, and he was so excited to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and start this new life. As we met with him on Tuesday morning we recognized that he really was almost ready to make this step, and we were beyond excited! Later that night however, we got a text from him saying that after speaking with his wife about one of the commandments he was going to commit to live after baptism, he didn't feel ready for next Sunday after all... talk about a heart being broken! It was so sad. :( We were praying for him a lot that night, and the next morning trying to figure out what we could do to help him and the rest of his family. I was so positive that he was ready to be baptized on the 11th of September, but as I prayed about it the familiar words of a general conference talk came to mind. "Faith in God includes faith in His timing." It was a humbling experience, but it's so true. How often do we say, yes I have faith in you God as long as it happens in the exact way that I always thought it would, and at the time I planned out. I know that I have. But having faith in God really does mean to have faith in his timing, even if it doesn't make sense at first. 

A cool experience Sister Yau and I had at the VC this week actually happened just as we were walking out of the door one night. Right before we walked out, a Chinese student from Imperial college across the street walked in. We put our bags down, and gave her a tour of the chapel. As we did we learned that she had arrived just that morning and that her mom had instructed her to find a church as soon as she arrived. She found us! :) As we continued to give the tour she was so receptive, and when we showed her the baptismal font she asked when she could be baptized herself. We really like that question around here. ;) She'll be meeting with the Britannia missionaries this week, and coming to church on Sunday!


Sorry to keep you on the edge of your seats everyone, but I figured I would save it for last. Transfer news is that Sister Yau will be going to Canterbury (my old area!!) and I will be staying in Hyde Park 1st ward yet again to follow up train Sister Teng from Malaysia. She actually speaks 5 different languages and so the Mandarin streak isn't broken yet. I'm seriously starting to think I need to learn this language! Sister Yau is on the left, and my new companion Sister Teng, is on the right. Wow, I love them both so much!

Family and friends I love you! :) I hope that you are having the most incredible September. Remember that the gospel is true, it's been restored to this earth, and that when we have faith in God's timing everything will work out the way it's supposed to. 

Much love,

Sister Rebekah Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment