Another week in the service of the Lord. Another 7 days in the beautiful city of London. :) I feel pretty lucky!
Ello family and friends, how has your week been?
Although there was tons that happened every single day this week, one of the biggest things was Zone Conference on Wednesday. I'm always amazed at how inspiring these conferences are. President and Sister Stevens are incredible! Also, I got to see Sister Yau again which was great! I love that girl.
Something I took away from Zone Conference was from Jacob 5 in the Book of Mormon. I feel like I've read this story about the olive tree, and the vineyard dozens of times, but never truly understood it. I saw it in a new light as we compared ourselves to the trees that were being taken care of, pruned, and changed. Sometimes it's not the most comfortable experience to let the Master of the vineyard graft new branches, or cut away at us, but He does it because He loves us and wants us to be the best that we can be. Only He knows our true potential, and although it may hurt sometimes, the trials we go though are to shape us into who the Lord knows we can become.
It's always an adventure with two blonde sisters from America, a Sister from Malaysia, and a Sister from China. But when there is a "burglar scare" at the Britannia flat you add a Sister from South Korea and another blonde from America...that's when the real party happens. Oh, these sisters are great! :) We see so many miracles in the VC together.
Speaking of miracles, here's one from the week. About 8 months ago I had the opportunity to give
N----- a tour at the visitors centre. He was visiting on holiday from Russia and decided to come inside the chapel to learn a bit more about the gospel. He couldn't stay for long, but we introduced him to the Book of Mormon, testified of it's truthfulness, and gave him his own copy. We've stayed in touch over the months via Facebook messenger, and my companion and I answered his questions, and taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ as he read the Book of Mormon on his own. This last summer N----- moved to Utah to go to school, and we got him in touch with the missionaries there. Then on Saturday, he entered into the waters of baptism and my sister Julianne got to witness it. I don't have the words in my own vocabulary to describe how much joy this brings me, but my heart is full! As Ammon said "...I cannot say the smallest part which I feel." I love this gospel with all my heart, and seeing friends embrace it with open arms is so amazing!
Have a wonderful September week everyone! :) Talk to you in 7. Never forget how real this gospel is, and how much potential we have. Love you all!
Love, Sister Croft



No comments:
Post a Comment