Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Precious moments large and small

Good morning everyone!! What a week. :)

The 1st week of August just flew by didn't it? I'm always amazed when I'm sitting here writing to you all again, and it seems like just yesterday when I wrote you last. Time is a weird thing. A wonderful thing, but definitely weird...

This week was full to the brim of precious moments large and small. But because this email would be way too long if I shared them all I'll just share some of the best moments, and experiences. 

On Friday morning we had zone training meeting. Before hand the zone leaders warned us all that although it was going to be an incredible meeting, it would also be a long meeting. They were right! It was both long, and incredible! The England London Mission is one of 15 missions all around the world to pilot a new way of using technology to teach the gospel. Although I don't completely understand it all yet, I'm so excited to start! It should be pretty amazing. :) To end the training we watched a video with snippets of apostles, and prophets of the past and present talking about how amazing of a tool technology is for us today to share the gospel of Christ. I get chills even thinking about it again. It was powerful! I've already seen what a difference technology can make to hasten the work of the Lord. He is definitely in charge!

Also on Friday we taught our investigator L-- X---. He had a really rough week, and so when he came he had a lot on his mind. He was talking about all the different things that were stressing him out, and how hard it was to focus on something when there were so many other problems in his life. As we were listening to him an image popped into my mind of Christ calming the storm. We showed him the video, and these words stood out. "Peace be still." This story really can apply to us today! We are living in the most violent, and intense storm ever- the world. When we look to Christ, and have faith in Him we can have peace. The storm around us may not instantly calm, but as we have faith in Him we will always be safe and protected from the storms of life. 

On Thursday we found a new friend to teach! His name is O-- and he has brilliant questions. As we taught him on Saturday he was asking some of the exact same questions as Joseph Smith did as he was searching for truth. It was so cool! They are actually questions that a lot of people have today. "Why are there so many different Christian churches? Which doctrine from the Bible is correct?". God gave Joseph the answer, and I know it today! :)  

I hope that you all have a wonderful week family and friends! Enjoy the summer, smile, and share your testimony on facebook. Yes, that's a challenge! ;) If you do it, email me and let me know how it goes. The Lord really has given us the most amazing tools to share the gospel, we just need to use them. 



Much love,


Sister Rebekah Croft

------------------
I got another email a few hours after the first. The subject line was all in caps. And then just a short message and picture. haha! Can you tell she is a huge Harry Potter fan? She's dying to read this book. :)

I SAW THIS AT ESTELLA'S HOUSE!!!

Temptation is real.


No comments:

Post a Comment