Monday, August 22, 2016

Families are Forever

Woah. And there goes another 7 days! What a week. :) 

I don't have much time to email, but I included lots of pictures so hopefully that makes up for it.. before I even start, I apologize for my sub-par email though. It will be better next week. Promise! 

As for how Sister Yau and I are doing here in the Lord's service, we are doing fantastic! People were a little more irritable this week than usual, but it wouldn't be the same if it were always easy. I've learned that finding God's prepared children is pretty difficult sometimes.. but we are excited to be going finding a lot next week! I feel so full of faith that there are people in our area that are ready for the restored gospel. Now we just need to find them! 

I've been thinking a lot about families recently, and how because of the temple, and because God loves us so much we can be with our families for not only this life, but also the next! What a unique, and absolutely beautiful thing! I had the chance to share this with someone on the streets of London this week. She was in town to buy shoes for her wedding, and as we explained God's plan for the family she couldn't help but get emotional. She told us that although she'd never heard of it before, she would like that more than anything else in the world. She'll be going to church in Oxford in the next few weeks! I couldn't be more thankful for the things that I know, and for a loving Father in Heaven who wants us all to live with Him again. 
 Sister Furhiman (Wisconsin), Sister Apiyo (Uganda), me (Utah), Sister Yau (Hong Kong)

Some of the sisters wanted to have another photo shoot behind the chapel. Elder Neeley kindly obliged. He's the best! :)

"I solemly swear I am up to no good..." 
I was SO excited when we turned a corner in London and saw this!!!! 

 Korean food in a hot stone bowl. Yumm! Sister Yau takes sneaky pictures while I'm eating... :P

We've been reading the Book of Mormon with L-- X--- every single night over wechat video. Wechat is kind of like facebook for asians.. at least that's what I'm told. haha This night S---- joined us! :) It's funny because as we're taking turns reading, they all read in Chinese, and then when it comes to my turn I read in English. Good thing the Book of Mormon is true in all languages! ;) L-- X--- is doing well though! He's working through some challenges so that he can be baptised in early September. Please pray for him. He is great! 

Thank you for everything you do for me, loved ones! I couldn't ask for a better support team. Have a spectacular week, and good luck with the first week of school! 

Much Love, 


Sister Rebekah Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment