Monday, October 26, 2015

Week two in Canterbury

Well, I officially survived the first 5 months as a missionary! :) Woohoo And I've graduated from greenie status to a toddler in the mission field. At least that's what they call it.  

This week has been amazing though! One thing about being out of the visitors center is that we have SO much time! We have the entire day to be out visiting people, and proselyting, compared to the 5-6 hours I had while at the VC. It's physically draining, but mentally it's so much less stressful. I only have one area to focus 100% on, rather than 3... I feel like I can finally give everything I've got, and I don't need to constantly divide my time, thoughts, etc Not saying that I don't miss it, because I definitely do, but the change has been nice! 

This week we got to teach R! He's the man that we stopped right next to the beach last week. He really is so genuinely interested about learning. We were able to teach him all about the restoration of the gospel and the Book of Mormon as well. :) He had so many good questions, and seriously golden answers to the questions we asked him. 

On Saturday we were OYMing (open your mouth) to appointments, and we stopped a ysa student to ask him if he'd ever heard about the Book of Mormon. He told us that he'd actually been stopped by Elders before, and given a book, but that he'd never read it. We bore testimony that the Book of Mormon was a book that could change his life in ways that he could never imagine and invited him to church not completely expecting he would come. The next day he came to church for all 3 hours and by the end he was willing to meet with us again! He told us that he had an open mind, and that he had felt something that he'd never felt while at church. The Lord definitely places prepared people in our path. I'm a witness of that!

Also, B is doing great! She's still working towards the 15th of November for her baptism.  


Random odds and ends:
*H*** and D*** aren't swear words here so people say them all the time, even at church! haha It always takes me off guard, but then I recover... Even Sister Kinnard says them sometimes, so that's been an adventure!
*This Sunday the primary had their program! It was the absolute cutest thing I think I've ever witnessed! Imagine about 30 British little children singing the primary songs, and stumbling over words like restoration and saying "restarteration" instead! :) It was great. 
*We watched Meet the Mormons this week as a ward. And I bawled like a baby when it talked about the missionary mom. Sheesh, that's just cruel! I love my Mom!

On a different note, this week I've really realized how important prayer is. I think that sometimes we get so caught up with life, or too tired at night, or too much in a rush that we forget the significance of prayer. At least I have in the past. How incredible is it that we can have a one on one conversation with our Creator. That He listens to every single word, and not only that, but that He loves us infinitely! And that He will always answer back, even if it's not in the way we originally anticipated. I love my Father in Heaven. I love my Savior. And I love this gospel! 

I hope everyone's week will be amazing! :) Love and pray for you all.


Love, Sister Croft


No comments:

Post a Comment