Monday, October 19, 2015

Ole English Town

Hello one and all from the lovely city of Canterbury. That's right..
not London anymore. And before anyone else asks here's my address:

30 London Road
Canterbury, Kent
CT2 8LN
England

My new area is fantastic though! Canterbury is a very historical city
that has the remains of a Roman wall surrounding the city, cute little
brick houses, the University of Kent, a cathedral that was built in
the 1100s, and even a river with gondola looking boats. :) It's also
really close to the beach and the white cliffs of Dover, and about 45
miles from France. Basically the countryside is just beyond beautiful!
Along with the new area I also have a new companion. Her name is
Sister Kinnard and she's actually from the midlands in England! We've
only been together for 5 days now, but we already get along really
well. She's great and such an amazing missionary! :) I know I'm going
to learn a lot from her.

Something different about serving in Canterbury rather than London is
that most everyone is English. In London it was a big mix of every
different cultures and nationalities. Here I actually get to
experience more of the typical English culture. Also fun fact...
apparently if you're from Utah you're a Utahrian. At least that's what
the ward has told me. haha. My new ward is fantastic though, and also
seriously hilarious! Everyone is so comical, and I get their British
humor most of the time.. ;)


Going through the whole week day by day would take forever but a few
of the highlights are:

On Friday I got to meet our investigator B. She's just about the
sweetest middle aged woman I've ever met. And SO golden! I love her.
She'll be getting baptized on the 15th of next month. Anyway, before
we started the lesson we were following up with how she was doing and
how she felt like she was preparing for the 15th. Confidently she told
us "there isn't anything that will keep me from joining this church, I
know it's true!" The spirit was so strong and it was such an amazing
moment. There is no way that the Lord didn't have a hand in that. She
was definitely prepared. :)

On Sunday as we were walking by the beach I saw a man a little ahead
of us. I had the thought to yell and stop him, but he was pretty far
ahead so I let the thought pass and kept walking. A few minutes later
the same thought came again and I noticed that he had stopped and was
looking at the ocean. We stopped him and asked what he'd heard of the
Book of Mormon and instantly a huge smile came on him face. He told us
that he'd actually been wanting to learn more about Christianity, but
every time he went into churches no one would answer his questions. We
taught him a whole lesson then and there, answering many of his
questions. We'll also be seeing him this next week again to give him
the Book of Mormon and to teach him again. It's honestly so amazing
how the Lord directs this work through the spirit. The key is acting
upon the promptings when I get them though. I'm definitely still learning, but
I've seen so many miraculous experiences when I listen and act upon
the promptings of the Holy Ghost. :)

Overall, I absolutely love it here! It's a completely different
experience then serving in London in the visitors center, but one
thing is exactly the same and that's the gospel! This gospel is true
everyone. I know this and I'm not ashamed to say it. :) I'll even yell
it from the tops of the White cliffs of Dover. Love you all! Hope you
are all having a grand time wherever you may be, have a wonderful
week!

Love, Sister Croft


 The white cliffs of Dover and my sweet new British companion.

 The beach in our area--Hern Bay. :)

Oops, I found the American food aisle in the grocery store...

No comments:

Post a Comment