Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Surprise Visits from a Member of the 12, Interviews and Transfer Calls

Good morning everyone! Or, afternoon or evening depending on when you read this. :) 

I hope that you all had a wonderful week! Sister Teng and I sure did in London. I don't actually have much time to email today with it being transfers week and all, but I'll share a few thoughts, and experiences from this week. 

On Tuesday we had interviews with President and Sister Stevens. Wow, they are just incredible! I continue to be amazed at how Christlike they both are. The training was all about Elder Uchdorfs talk from the General Women's Conference "Fourth floor, Last door." We discussed a lot about what faith can and can't do. If any of you still haven't read this talk yet... stop reading and go read it now. I'm serious! It's such an eye opener to what faith really is. I love it! 

Sister Furhiman (Wisconsin), Sister Teng (Malaysia), Sister Zeng (China), Me (Utah),
Elder Menezes (Brazil), Elder Tragante (Brazil)

On Saturday evening we were told that Elder Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles would be speaking at the Britannia ward the next day. Umm, what? :) A surprise visit from an apostle? "Just another day at the Hyde Park Chapel Visitors Centre" as Elder Hulet would say. Sister Teng and I were talking with some visitors at the close of our church meetings when Elder Cook just strolled through the doors. He immediately shook all of the missionaries' hands, and then went to take his place on the stand before his sacrament meeting started. I've said this before, but there really isn't anything like shaking the hand of an apostle. It really is something special! We were able to listen to his talk and although it had to be short because of time it was extremely powerful! As he closed with his testimony of Christ he said this "I know the Saviour's voice, and I know His face." That statement struck my heart with additional power, and I was overwhelmed with how true this church is. Honestly, it really is led by the Lord today through His chosen servants. It truly is!!

Last night we got transfer calls... I've given up guessing before hand, because I'm always wrong. The news is that Sister Teng will be staying in Hyde Park 1st ward, and Sister Dombrowska from Poland will be coming. I'll be heading back to Hyde Park 2nd ward to follow up train Sister Zeng from China. So that means Sister Zeng will be my fourth companion in a row that is fluent in Mandarin!! Fourth times the charm I suppose? I'll be fluent in no time. ;) Although I think I've said that the last 4 transfers... Chinese is hard! Anyways, more on Sister Zeng next week. I'm sad to be leaving HP1 again, but I've served there for a good 7 transfers and I feel I've done what the Lord wanted me to do here. Back to Hyde Park 2 for my last adventures, and miracles here in London!

 Random pictures of the beautiful architecture here.

Sunday Dinner with the D----- family from Salt Lake City. They are the sweetest! :) Low quality picture, but a high quality time. 



A member gave us these treats.... hmmm... they are BBQ flavored larvets, sour cream and onion crickets, and chocolate coloured bugs... Yes, they are real. Nasty!


Well family & friends I love you all so, so much! I hope that your week is swell. Never forget what is most important, and even more Who is most important. 

Much love,


Sister Croft

--------------------------

Sister D----- from SLC also texted me a few more pictures of Rebekah's and Sister Teng's visit to their house this past week.

And I also got a surprise text from some friends from our neighborhood here who moved quite a few years ago, but are in London on a vacation and sought out Rebekah at the Hyde Park Chapel Visitor's Centre to say hello and give her a big hug. 

I get texts and emails somewhat frequently with updates and pictures of Rebekah. Sometimes they come from neighbors and friends from home who are traveling in London. Sometimes they come from senior missionary couples that are serving with Rebekah, or from members who invite her to their homes for dinner. Most of the time they come from complete strangers that happen to stop by the VC, meet my sweet little missionary girl and kindly ask for her mother's phone number or email so they can send me a picture and a little message. I always respond to thank them but these people will never know how much these little messages mean to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment