Monday, October 3, 2016

General Conference and 5 Course Meal

Well, General Conference was amazing wasn't it? :) I'm always blown away at how inspired and personal those talks can be. That's how I know those men and women are called of God to be his servants. There is no other way that millions of people all around the world could receive personal counsel, and answers from a loving Father in Heaven from the exact same words.

"Whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same." D&C 1:38

Awe, I love the gospel, and the restored church of Christ! It's humbling to be a part of something so special. Although there were quotes, and thoughts from most of the talks that stood out to me, I'll just share a few of my favourites.

I loved W. Mark Basset's talk about the mysteries of God, and where we need to go to receive wisdom and answers from the all knowing teacher. The words "Be ambitious for Christ" from Kazuhito Yamashita, and "Joy is a gift for the faithful" from Russell M. Nelson also stood out to me! I loved the short but powerful talk Thomas S. Monson gave about the perfect plan of happiness, and the two brilliant talks about member missionary work by Neil A. Anderson and Dallin H. Oaks. All the missionaries were silently happy dancing in their seats at those points of the conference. ;) One of the biggest things that I took away from the conference however was about faith, love and agency. I felt like it was a big emphasis throughout the whole conference! How much Heavenly Father loves His children, how important it is to have faith in His son, and how God will never force His children to do what is right. How true these things are.

On Tuesday we were able to teach the two Filipino sisters I told you all about a few weeks ago. They've been super busy with work, but found a morning for us to come over for brunch and a lesson. Holy moly, they are fantastic cooks!! They cooked us a whole 5 course meal, and dessert. It was absolutely delicious, and we got to share the message of the restoration with them afterwards! :) We will be seeing them again soon.

Every Saturday we sing on the steps of the Hyde Park Chapel and invite people to come in. We also give balloons to the children as they pass. Can I just say how much I love the primary songs? Those simple songs are laced with powerful lessons!

Sitting waiting for our tube at Gloucester Rd. Station .

Lunch, and goodbye to the Neeleys (senior couple at VC) last P-Day at the Peter-Pan statue in Hyde Park. I'm going to miss them tons! I've served with them nearly my entire mission so far, and so they have a special place in my heart. Also, can I just say how beautiful Hyde Park is?

Loved ones, I hope you have a wonderful week! Have an ambition for Christ, live the doctrine of Christ, and get to know Him personally instead of just learning about him. You are the best!

Much Love,


Sister Croft

No comments:

Post a Comment