Monday, June 6, 2016

"Built Upon the Rock of our Redeemer"

Hia family and friends! :) I just wanted to give a big shout out to my 2 incredible sisters. One, Julianne graduated High School on Friday! Congrats sister!! You are a genius. Second, Lilian is officially 9 years old! Happy Birthday little sis!! Side note: She was 7 when I left.. craziness. I couldn't be more blessed to have these two girls as my little sisters. They are absolutely incredible! Love you both!

This was a really wonderful week here in the big city of London! I can't even remember half of the things that happened, but I'll share a few that I remember.

Last Monday Sister Wai and I had an incredible experience at the very end of our night. As we were walking down the road to our flat we saw a women coming down the road the opposite way. We didn't pay much attention, because we were already late coming home, but as she got closer we both had the impression that we needed to stop her. As we did we saw that her eyes were red from crying, and she was visibly shaking. She looked shocked that we had stopped her and then she asked us between tears if she could tell us what had happened that night even though "we were just strangers." She sobbed and sobbed right there on the street as she told us about her night. At the end of the story I asked her if I could give her a hug, and she thankfully hugged me for a good couple of minutes. Poor girl! As she stepped back she saw my name badge and she said "Oh! Jesus Christ! Thank you so much." Turns out that she had been praying as she was walking down the street, and that we were the answer to her prayer. We were able to help her calm down enough to get home, and then we gave her a Book of Mormon which she took gratefully. Wow. What a humbling experience! We are still in touch with her, and she wants to learn more about the message we have to share. :) I am amazed at how aware Heavenly Father is of every single one of his children. He loves us ALL!

 A small miracle of Tuesday was when a random number called in the early morning while Sister Wai was sleeping (she wasn't feeling well.. poor girl). I answers the phone and Gerald was on he other end. He said "Sisters, sisters, I would like to meet with you as soon as possible. I've been reading the Book of Mormon and I know it's true!" Umm, yes we would love to meet with you! :) haha We meet with him the next day at the visitors centre- this crazy old man originally from Trinidad. Oh my goodness but he was so sweet! Turns out that he is actually a less active member of the church, but hey we found one of the lost sheep!

Friday was a really busy day at the visitors center! We were giving a tour to a recent convert, and investigator from Canterbury, while in the middle of the tour a group of 3 Chinese came in. I went to go talk with them and one of them told me that he had lived with Mormons a few years earlier in California. He was so impressed with the example that they gave, and the happiness that they had. He told me that him, his wife, and friend all wanted to join the church as soon as possible, and learn everything that they could! they would only be in the country for 2 weeks and then they would be going back to China.. Woah. "Ni hao ma! Wo shi Ke jie mei" That's about all I know in Mandarin. Maybe it's just because I have a Mandarin speaking companion, but we keep meeting the most prepared Chinese people! :) We gave them a tour of the entire place, and when Sister Lung (from Hong Kong) got to the chapel, she and Sister Wai went and had a lesson upstairs. They've had two more lessons since then to help them prepare for baptism!

Something I've been thinking a lot about recently is my testimony. I read something in studies the other day that said "you can't visually tell the difference between a strand of cobweb and a strand of powerful cable- until stress in put on the strand." Our testimonies are kind of like this. Until we have opposition, and challenges we won't be able to see how strong our testimonies are, and we won't be able to strengthen them! We need to have a strong testimony "built upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, ...that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, ...and his mighty strong shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you..." I know this is true! :) And I love my Saviour and Redeemer, Jesus Christ!!

Have a swell week all! I love you loads! :) Oh, and enjoy the SUMMER!


Love, Sister Rebekah Croft

 The S-------- family from Italy! Caio!

 The Hyde Park Zone as of June 2016. :) Portuguese, Spanish, Ukranians, British, Chinese and American. These people are wonderful!

 Sister Wai on the way back to the chapel. I love the Mews here!

No comments:

Post a Comment