Tuesday, June 14, 2016

An Apostle Visits & Transfer Calls

Hello sweet family and friends! I hope that the last 7 days have treated you well. I hear that it's getting super warm in most places around the world. It's super humid here lately! Sheesh, I miss the dry heat of good ole Utah. Summer is treating Sister Wai and I well though. :) 

To start off this email, we had an APOSTLE come and visit!!! I feel so blessed to have heard Elder Holland last June, and Elder Oaks this June. They are both incredible men, clearly called of God to be witnesses of Him and His son. We all arrived early Tuesday morning to be seated in the Hyde Park Chapel. With the England London Mission, and South Mission combined there were about 400 missionaries at this conference, and Elder Oaks wanted to shake all of our hands when he arrived. Sister Wai and I were on the front row, so we were actually among the first missionaries to meet him. Can I just say that there is something very special about shaking an apostles hand. To look into an apostles eyes, and see the smile on his face as he shakes your hand and says your name. I know he truly is a special witness of Christ, and His restored church. I could feel it. I got to watch almost all 400 missionaries shake his hand, and I couldn't shake the feeling, nor would I want to, that that man is a true representative of the Lord. What a cool experience!  :) The first thing he said when he got up to speak is "Wow. I'm just an ordinary man, but I recognize that I have a mantle put upon me." He is so humble. Along with Elder Oaks, we also got to hear from Elder and Sister Kearon of the European Area Presidency. They are so passionate about this work, and so in tune with the spirit! I loved every single minute of the conference! It was incredible!

Some of my favorite thoughts:

President Stevens "Trials are evidence that the Lord sees you are prepared to grow more."
Sister Kearon "There is a huge difference between 'I'll try' and 'I will'. What if the Saviour said 'I'll try'..."
Elder Kearon "We thrive in opposition"
Sister Oaks "Share the truth, It's an act of love."
Elder Oaks "Candidacy for eternal life happens when we take the sacrament. When we take the name of Jesus Christ."

In other biggish news, this was a 5 week transfer and so we got move calls on Monday night! The results are I'll be staying in Hyde Park 1 with Sister Wai. Which means I'll at least be here for another two, because this is Sister Wai's last transfer. Sad day! 

On Thursday Sister Wai and I had a super cool experience! We gave a tour to a guy from Iowa named L---. He was super receptive to everything we talked about, and we could tell he was genuinely searching for the truth. We showed him around a bit, and he had some concerns about how Jesus Christ could actually help him in his life. We showed him Elder Oaks' talk from the past October general conference called "The Healer" and talked about how Jesus Christ is there to help us if we ask. By the end of the tour, he turned to us and said, "If I could say I've taken anything from this whole experience, it's that I've decided to give Jesus Christ a chance." That's all I could ever ask for in a given day. That I helped someone come closer to Christ! 

Our district leader called us for call-ins at the end of the night one day, and because we were late home he left us a voice message to the song "Nephi's Courage" from the primary song book. The next call-ins night, he was late and so we decided to sing him a song too. :) haha

The Lord commanded Elder Auras to have call-ins with us
But he won't pick up, and he's left us in the dust.
Sitting and waiting we have already tried,
But the phone's just ringing and he has not replied.
Elder Auras call us back!
It's time for call-ins now.
We want to be obedient,
But we can't if you don't.
Elder Auras call us back!
It is the Lord's command.
We know the Lord provides a way,
He wants you to obey.

That's about it for this week. Although there was so much more that happened! It would be impossible to write down everything... You are all amazing! I love you all, and I couldn't be more blessed to know you all. 

Have a wonderful week! Keep smiling! :) And read a talk by Elder Oaks. You won't regret it. That man is inspired.


Love, Sister Rebekah Croft 

Because Sister Lung and Sister Wai are leaving soon they asked Elder Neeley to come with us to Abbey Road/Studios and take pictures of us. haha. :) We had so much fun, and Elder Neeley is incredible!! Also, Sister Lung walked so fast across the road! I had to run after her to keep up.

 Lunch with some of the Filipino ladies in our ward. Love em!!  :)

The Chinese couple I was talking about last week. They are going back to China now, but they will be traveling to Hong Kong to get baptised!! :) They are the absolute sweetest, and so prepared. I'll always remember them walking through the doors of the VC. "My wife and I want to be Mormon as soon as possible. We want to be baptismed."

No comments:

Post a Comment