Monday, May 2, 2016

"I am a Child of God..."

Wow. Another week has flown by! I swear time on a mission goes faster and faster each day.. Anyways, this week was swell. :) It was definitely a challenging week to say the least, but Sister Griffeth and I still smiled, and laughed through it. It's amazing how you can always see the Lords hand, and feel the enabling power of the atonement in those tougher moments. This last week was one of those. However, even though there were some very mean people who yelled at us, lots of cancellations, and sheer exhaustion, we also had many many incredible of flecks of gold! 

One of those flecks of gold was seeing the Child family in London!! They are my "adopted British family" here in England, and so it was wonderful to see them again! It made my entire P-Day. Oh, how I love them! They hold a special place in my heart.

Another fleck of gold that might seem small to many, but was huge to me happened on Monday. I learned that C-------- got baptised in China!! :) For those of you who don't know who in the world I'm talking about I'll do a quick recap. C-------- was someone I was teaching in Britannia that came over to London from China specifically to be baptised. She had been taught before about a year earlier, but could only be in England for a total of 5 days. She came. We retaught her everything in two very, very long cram lessons, and then she was interviewed by President Stevens. The end result was that although she was prepared to be baptised, President felt it was better if she went to her own ward in China 3 more times. The rest is history! I couldn't be happier for her! :) Also, I find it incredible that the gospel of Jesus Christ is breaking boundaries, and is finally reaching those prepared Chinese!  

Another sweet moment of this week happened as we taught C------. She's been doing really well, and she's keeping her commitments to a T. Last week when we taught her we asked her how she was doing with the word of wisdom, and she told us that she had some wine in the fridge from a party a while ago. We again testified of the importance of the word of wisdom, and the Spirit was strong! She stood up, opened up the fridge and said "Seesters, see this? Diablo! (devil in spanish), Diablo is bad, and it's going down the seeenk!" She literally had a wine called Diablo in her fridge, and she poured the entire contents of the bottle down the drain. haha She is the best! 

At the end of her lesson this week I felt like we needed to sing "I Am a Child of God" for some reason..? It's interesting how random the Spirit can be sometimes, and then again, not random at all. As we sang, and she read the words in Spanish she started to cry. Then the crying turned into sobbing, and we worried that we had done something wrong. We stopped, and she looked at us through tear filled eyes and said in her broken English "I know God sent you to me, you are my angels." I am a firm believer that we do in fact have a Father up above, and He knows us individually. He loves each and every one of us perfectly, and infinitely. If you are reading this, then you should know that too! Heavenly Father loves YOU!

The rest of the week was a blur of emotions. Good, terrible, wonderful, and hilarious. I love this work, and I know without a doubt that this is the Lords, work and that it is in His hands! Love you all! Thank you for all you do for me.

Much love, 


Sister Rebekah Croft



No comments:

Post a Comment