Monday, May 16, 2016

Greenie Deja Vu in Hyde Park 1

Hello friend and family! I hope that you all had a wonderful week. 

This whole week was a huge dose of deja vu for me! There were times these last few days that I felt like I'd never even left Hyde Park 1 area. It was absolutely bizarre to go to places that I haven't been since I first got here a year ago, and teach people that I did when I was a brand new missionary. One thing is for sure, I can teach a lot better now! So that's a relief. It's good to be back though, officially. :) I love these people! 

This email won't be the longest, because I don't have much time, but I'll just share some of the highlights. 

On Wednesday morning I moved all of my stuff to Hyde Park 1 area. The good news is that I only had to move rooms in our flat. Thank goodness! There are perks to having all the areas so close together in London! Then Sister Wai and I went onto shift at the visitors center where we had to control the crazy crowds of missionaries coming and going. Wow, there were a lot of new missionaries this time! After shift we taught our investigator M---. He is probably the happiest, nicest British person I have ever met. He's progressing in the gospel and is looking forward to his baptism coming up in early June. :) I love teaching him, because he just keeps saying how right it feels when he is coming to church, or reading the Book of Mormon. It's my favorite thing to hear about when others feel the Spirit! So cool. 

Another amazing lesson we had this week was with E------! This is where the major deja vu comes in. E------ is actually the very first person I ever taught when I arrived in London. But wait, it gets even better. E------ hadn't met with the missionaries for a very long time, and so we taught her the exact same lesson that I had almost one year ago to the day. It was CRAZY! This time however, instead of tripping over my words and casually extending a baptismal date because my trainer told me I had to, I could actually teach her the restoration of the gospel boldly, and invite her to be baptized without hesitation! I think Heavenly Father was trying to help me see the growth that I've made on my mission so far. Although, I still have a long way to go! 

In other exciting news, we have a new Senior couple here at the visitors center now! The Ashby's left a couple of weeks ago which was super sad... I love Elder & Sister Ashby SO much, so it was really hard to say goodbye... :( I am excited to get to know the Mullens though. They are from California, and seem like some of the sweetest people! Elder Mullen is actually a convert to the church because he went to a visitors center, so that was cool to hear! Also, Sister Von-Niederhausern arrived on Wednesday! Although, we all just call her Sister Von now. :) It's exciting to start to see new visitors center sisters coming. We haven't had any new sisters for a long while now.

It's also turning into Spring/Summer here! The last week has been beyond humid, and so sunny! :) It's a lot easier to talk to people about the gospel of Jesus Christ when it's sunny outside, because people are night and day happier. Vitamin D is real people! No, but really it's been absolutely beautiful here in London! I fall in love with this city daily. Today for P-Day we went for our weekly Dutch pancakes, then walked down Oxford street and through China Town, and then climbed to the top of Suffrages to see the view. It was a good day! 

I love you ALL! Have a wonderful week, and enjoy the sun and the reality of a loving Heavenly Father. 

Love, Sister Rebekah Croft


D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." (my favorite scripture of the week) 


Saying goodbye to Brother and Sister Ashby.

(Photo credit for all these pictures goes to Brother Neeley who serves in the Visitor's Centre. I totally swiped them from the Neeley's blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment