Guess what? The city of London is currently full of sunshine! And not
only that, but it's been sunny basically this whole week. Wow. I love
the sun! People are so much happier, and willing to talk about the
gospel when it's not pouring buckets from the sky. Who would have
known? ;)
Well, hello everyone! I hope that you've all had a wonderful first
full week of July, and that you're enjoying the sun where ever you may
be. For me this week has absoultely flown by, and I wish I could tell
you about it all in detail, but sadly I don't have much time this
week...
Just a few stories and thoughts of the week:
1. On Friday we had zone meeting! The trainings were good, and I
learned a lot like I always do, but the best/worst part of the meeting
was hearing the testimonies of the departing missionaries. Sister Wai,
and two other missionaries that I'm close to are all leaving in 2
weeks! :( It's pretty depressing, but I've been told that life does go
on after the mission. As they individually stood up and bore their
testimonies of Christ and His gospel the spirit was almost tangible! It's
an incredible thing to hear the thoughts of those who have been
serving the Lord for a solid 18-24 months. One thing is for sure though,
I'll miss Sister Wai a lot when she goes! We've been companions for a
long time and I love her!
2. On Tuesday we helped M-- & S-- (some members of Hyde Park 1st ward) move flats, and I got a posh brand new bed out of it! It's a memory foam mattress, so it's like laying on a cloud. :) Sometimes the blessings of doing service come quicker then you think!
3. Just an update on investigators. They are doing well! I love these people a lot, more than they'll probably ever know. We made a deal with one of our new investigators I---- that if she came to our church Sunday morning that we would go to one of her church services Sunday afternoon. I've never been to something like it! It was like a Christian Rock band concert, free food and all. The music was actually pretty good, and I learned more about Phillipians 4 from the Bible, but the whole time I felt like something was missing... and then it hit me smack in the face! It was the spirit! I could still feel it to a degree, but it was so much less than that morning during the sacrament meeting. I'm so thankful for the "still, small, voice" in my life! The Holy Ghost really is one of God's greatest gifts to us here on earth. :)
Sorry this email is so scattered and short, but just know this. The gospel is true! Jesus Christ's atonement works! God is real, and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love being a missionary and being a part of this amazing work!! Love you all family and friends! Have a beautiful week! Bye!
Much love,


No comments:
Post a Comment