Hello my sweet family and friends! I pray that you are all healthy & happy. :) Seems like I was just writing to you.. and yet another 7 days have passed. Crazy, crazy..
My week was really incredible! Was is the most successful week in the measurable aspect of the work (ask the numbers)? Not really.. but when I think back to the amazing experiences we had, and the great people we talked to I would define it as an absolute success!
It amazes me every day how in control the Lord is of this work. He is at the head, and while usually I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing He makes up the difference. It's been a process for me to completely hand over my will to Him, but it's always better when I do. That's when the miracles start to happen! Speaking of miracles, lets talk about some, shall we?
On Thursday morning we decided to take about an hour to just go through the numbers on our phone and filter out those who weren't interested in learning more, and find those who really would like to meet with us. We called over 30 numbers and talked with quite a few different people. One man in particular answered the phone and when I told him who I was he was shocked saying that he had been reading a general conference talk just that morning, and had been thinking about going back to chuch. He said that he was going to be in South Kensington that very day, and so he said he would stop by the visitors center. When he came we showed him the new Easter video, and the spirit was extrememly strong! He talked about how when he was first meeting with the missionaries he was trying to find excuses not to be baptized, and how now he felt like there weren't any more excuses. He'll even be going to Utah on a trip the beginning of April, and he wants to go to general conference!! :) This guy is one of the most prepared people I've ever met. I'm so grateful that the Lord directed us to call him!
On Friday we had a mini miracle. We were headed to a less active members house for dinner and as we were getting off the bus we miraculously passed someone on the street that we had met 2 weeks earlier. You've got to understand that you never talk to the same person in London twice. This city is huge! Anyways, we met K-- Q--- at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago. This Chinese man is hilarious, and also super prepared for the gospel! We weren't able to get any of his contact details the first time because he was in a rush, but we've been praying to meet him again. So when Sister Griffeth recognized him, and when she processed that it was him we had to turn around and run after him to catch up. We were able to chat with him more about the gospel, and he's very interested in learning more! We will be teaching him soon. :)
Another tiny miracle not much involved with missionary work, but in day to day life here is that we moved flats!! Hurray! Our old flat was having problems... (mice, broken water heater etc) Our new flat is so posh! God is good.
As for St. Patricks Day there wasn't much in the way of celebrating here in England. You'd think that there would be more here seeing as we are so much closer to Ireland, but the only places that I saw that were celebrating were the pubs... Sister Griffeth and I still wore green though and celebrated in little ways! Just not at the pub. ;)
All in all, this week was another beautiful, amazing week as a missionary in London! Sorry if this email was super scattered and didn't make much sense, but if you take anything from this email just know that the gospel is true! I really know that. Heavenly Father is real, he is loving, and he is aware of every single one of us. The book is blue, and it's true. I LOVE this work! Have a wonderful week everyone!
-Sister Rebekah Croft
The Crofts family. They are amazing! Plus they have the last name as me so that's pretty cool. :)
Our old flat.


St Patrick's Day
Fire safety training at the Visitor's Centre
Zone Conference




No comments:
Post a Comment