Hello everyone!
I hope you all had a great New Years! For me it was a different kind of New Years, but fantastic all the same. :) President Stevens let us know that we needed to be indoors by 7pm (for safety reasons), and so after we finished planning for the day we changed into our matching PJ's and ate lots of fancy British foods to celebrate. Then, lights out at 10:30, because mission rules. It was a good night though, and we had a blast!
Another exciting thing about the New Year is the opportunity to make New Years resolutions. As missionaries we are always making goals for ourselves, but I'm looking forward to this next year as a major learning experience. As a missionary I feel like I'm learning Sooo much! Spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental. I LOVE it! :) And I just want to soak up as much of it as I can!
This week has been a bit different because we were the only 2 missionaries in our district. With the Elders being gone, we had Canterbury almost all to ourselves, and it was bizarre! Something really exciting that happened this week though is that we had a mission wide blitz- "Fast & Find". A blitz is usually when a whole bunch of missionaries get together and go finding for new investigators together, but with a mission blitz we do a mission wide fast, and then every missionary in the whole mission goes finding at the same time. Let me tell you- MIRACLES happen!! :) This time, Sister Mussman and I wanted to do some tracting, and after praying where we should go we felt prompted to tract in a specific area a few blocks from our flat. After knocking doors in the rain for about 30 minutes and finding no success we knocked on the door of J! She opened the door, and at first had absolutely no interest in learning. She was Canadian though and so all three of us being foreigners started talking about the crazy weather England has. haha. We ended up talking for a good 45 minutes and slowly it changed into a gospel discussion. We'll be meeting with her on the 14th of January...next week, to give her a Book of Mormon! :) So cool! (Well at least Sister Mussman will be meeting with her..)
That brings me to my other BIG news of the week. Transfers news! Which is the scariest kind of news. *imaginary drum roll*
I'll be moving back to London on Wednesday because I'll be going back to the Visitors Centre! And I'm heartbroken. :( It wasn't shocking in any way, because I knew I would go back eventually. And I am excited about it. I love the VC! But also I'm extremely sad to be leaving Canterbury, and most of all leaving the people here. It's amazing how in just a short 3 months I've come to absolutely love these people with all my heart! And although I feel like I've given everything to serving them, they've given me more. Sorry about the extreme mushiness, but I just LOVE these people!! Also I'm going to miss Sister Mussman a ton. She and I have gotten along so well, and we've had some crazy spiritual adventures together! Ending on a good note though, I'll be going to London to serve in Britannia- a YSA ward. I'm excited that I get to still work with university students! They have such open minds. :)
I hope that everyone is healthy & happy! I really do appreciate everything that you do for me. The prayers and letter and everything. You are all amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Love you all lots!!
Love, Sister Rebekah Croft
We found a random, huge painting of a cow in the library. Seriously, that thing was gigantic!
This kid got us matching coats. What?! :) I'll never be cold again.
LOVE THIS FAMILY! They are the absolute sweetest and I'm going to miss them tons! :(









No comments:
Post a Comment