Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Iconic clock towers and great people

Hello friends and family! I hope everyones week was fantastic. :)

This week to put in two words was amazing & exhausting! Which I guess is appropriate for a missionary. Sister Apiyo and I are finally seeing some success from building a solid foundation last transfer. God has been leading us to some incredibly prepared people to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

On Monday of last week Sister Apiyo and I both sat down together and were trying to figure out what our vision, or goals would be for this transfer. We decided to pray and fast for guidance throughout the day and as we were, some really incredible miracles started to occur... First we had a lesson with E.J., our Portugal investigator who we met on the bus the other day. We gave him a quick tour at the Visitors Center last week but we weren't really able to talk about the Book of Mormon or anything else. Throughout the whole lesson the spirit was just really strong! He kept asking questions and was really engaged with what we were talking about. At the end of the lesson before he had to leave we led him to the baptismal font and explained to him about baptism, then we invited him to be baptized and he said YES! :) We'll continue to teach him, and hopefully his family soon! Aw, he is so great!! About an hour later a sweet, sweet 17 year old girl walked into the Visitors Center and told us that she wanted to be taught by the missionaries. She told us that she had leaned a bit about the church from school and that she loved the idea of families being eternal! :) We are now teaching her and she's going to be baptized the end of this month!

We also had mission conference which was just flat out incredible! Clayton Christensen and his wife came and spoke to us about member missionary work. Wow.. they are really pushing member missionary work over here! It's incredible to see the difference of the missionary work being done now, compared to even 10 years ago! We are constantly working with the members in the ward. I'm still learning, but I've seen that the most effective way to do missionary work is by getting to know and loving the members of the ward. Then after developing trust the members will start to give us referrals of their friends. It's the best feeling ever when a member comes up to us and asks us to teach someone they know! :)

Non-missionary related (sorry): After living in London for over 3 months I finally got to see the iconic clock tower everyone has been talking about! :) Big Ben, Westminster, and the London Eye was literally 4 stops away from our flat and we've never been.. naps on P-Days are a thing. ;) But today, we finally went and let me tell you, it was spectacular!! Maybe it's childish.. but today some dreams came true.




































(Should out to the I Love Mormon double decker bus in the background!)

A funny story also non-missionary work related: The other day Sister Apiyo and I were riding the bus somewhere and we were talking to people like normal. Suddenly I realized that Sister Apiyo was outside the bus and waving frantically at me from the other side of the window. I ran to the door as it was closing, and the bus started to drive away. :o Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal.. but as companions you only have 1 phone, and you are NEVER supposed to be apart.. not the ideal situation. haha When I got off the bus after it had went around a few corners I had no clue where Sister Apiyo was! Trying to laugh it off, but secretly frantic inside I tried to find Sister Apiyo...it took nearly 30 minutes but we finally found each other in the crowds of people. Phew!! Prayers work. They really do. :)   
Love you all. Have a fantastic week and don't forget to do some member missionary work. ;)

Love, Sister Rebekah Croft






No comments:

Post a Comment